Presently Co-Managing Partner at Raphaël & Associés, Adel Nassar co-authored the draft of the Lebanese Gas and Oil Law, acted as a Member of the Parliamentarian Commission in charge of modernizing the Code of Commerce and advised multi-million dollar transactions across various continents, most notably a real estate project in Brazil for the approximate value of one hundred million dollars.
He is renowned for winning major arbitration proceedings and frequently establishes telecommunication businesses, major industrial projects, real estate projects, mergers and acquisitions, banking projects and other projects and transactions in Lebanon, Syria, Armenia, Switzerland, France, Brazil, USA, various countries in Africa, and other jurisdictions.
His practice focuses on arbitration, banking, construction, corporate/commercial, finance (IPO and private placements), insurance, international transactions, investment funds, IT, M&A, oil and gas, mining and quarries and telecommunications and legislative drafting.
Adel Nassar acts as a board member for several companies including major multi-national insurance companies.
“Peers laud the “very high-quality lawyers,” particularly Adel Nassar, who is respected as a go-to lawyer for loan restructurings and investment funds.”- Chambers and Partners
“Adel Nassar is a widely respected practitioner in arbitration and litigation, and peers rate his profound knowledge of the law” Chambers and Partners
“The ‘talented’ Adel Nassar is ‘very impressive in difficult cases’,” Legal 500
- Admitted to the Beirut Bar, 1987
- Admitted to the Paris Bar, 1993
- Representative for Lebanon with the ICC International Court of Arbitration, 2012-2015
- LLM, Harvard, Boston, 1991
- Diplôme d’Etudes Approfondies, General Private Law, Paris II University, Paris, 1988
- Master of Public and Private Laws, St. Joseph University, Beirut, 1987
- ‘International Arbitration in Lebanon’, Arbitration International, 1994
- ‘Intellectual Property in Lebanon’ Cahiers Juridiques et Fiscaux de l’Exportation, 1995
- ‘The Offset in Gulf countries’, Revue du Droit et Pratiques du Commerce International, 1993
- Co-author, ‘Foreign Investments in Lebanon’
- French, Arabic, English, Portuguese