Bassam Karam joined Raphaël & Associés in 2000. His rich experience in litigation over the years has made him an ideal head for our litigation department, a position he has held since shortly after he joined Raphaël & Associés.
As a skilled mediator, Bassam Karam brings a unique approach to litigation, focusing on the conflict of our client as well as the legal arguments to be made in court. He has been a lecturer in Mediation for the Mediation Professional Center at Saint Joseph University in Beirut since 2011 and has aided Members of Parliament in attempts to update the tourism laws.
His practice focuses on Real Estate Law; Corporate Law; Mediation; Execution and Enforcement; Agency and Distributorship; Litigation; Leasing; Debt Recovery; Bankruptcy; Banks and Banking.
“Bassam Karam is ‘very positive and always responsive’. Legal 500
- Admitted to the Beirut Bar, 1996
- Certificate in Mediation, St. Joseph University in collaboration with IFOMENE and the Association of European Mediators (AME), Beirut, 2010
- DEA in General Private Law, La Sagesse University, Beirut, 1997
- Masters of Private Law, La Sagesse University, Beirut, 1994
- Diploma in Business Law, Paris I University (Pantheon-Sorbonne) -School of Law and Economic Sciences, Paris, 1992
- Multiple articles discussing Civil Procedure as well as Lebanese and French Corporate Law in the Lebanese Bar Review between 2009 and 2011
- Monthly Firm Newsletter
- French, Arabic, English, Greek